We are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN
We don't have to tell anyone anymore that we do not have much time left at this point. With HÄNG Outdoors we make sure that you are comfortable outside. Although we are anything but comfortable when it comes to everything out there. That's why we've donated 100% of our profits and plant thousands of trees every month. That's why we gave away masks when politicians made a profit with them and that's why we offer free advice for voluntary projects & authorities that want to become more digital.
"For me, HÄNG Outdoors is a vehicle. With the help of the company, we can create enthusiasm in people who were rather ambivalent about camping. With our reach, we can educate. As an employer, we can show how things can be done better and we can use our profit to help people do their valuable work better."
Today we go one step further
From now on we are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. We commit to play an active part in achieving them. No lip service. But with actions, deeds and key figures. But more on that in a moment...
What are the SDGs?
The Sustainable Development Goals of the UN
Granted - "Sustainable Development Goals" (SDGs) sounds pretty complicated at first. To put it simply, they are 17 concrete goals. A kind of blueprint on how we can meet some of the global challenges of our time. The SDGs define how poverty and hunger should be reduced, health improved, equality made possible and the planet protected.
All of these goals are to be achieved by 2030. They were adopted by the member states of the United Nations and apply to all countries - both industrialized and developing countries are responsible for implementation.
And we believe: The responsibility of states alone is not enough! Each of us can do something to make the world a better place. As such: Let's do it!
"Protect, restore and promote
sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss."
How we contribute
- Voluntary CO2 compensation of the entire supply chain
- Elimination of single-use plastic by Dec. 2022
- Planting 2 trees per product
- Use of biodegradable corn starch where applicable
- 2.5% of all profits donated to NGOs that aim to protect the environment
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all."
How we contribute
- Training of working students and taking them on full-time afterwards
- Facilitate learning on the job through further training
- Free access to learning platforms
- Free ordering of desired literature for all employees
- Creation of paid internships
- Support for projects that enable school education
- 2.5% of all profits donate to NGOs pursuing this goal